Co-Chair, Sustainable Energy Initiative (SEI)
Director, International Renewable Energy Academy (IREA)
PhD Geography, University of Toronto
MA Geography & Environmental Studies, University of Toronto
BA (Honours) Geography & Environmental Studies, York University
Climate Change Mitigation; International & National Renewable Energy Policies; Rural Electrification; Educational & Capacity Development Networks; New Media & Communications.
4700 Keele Street
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
416 736 2100
For 2022-2023 my work is focused on addressing the climate change crisis by developing –locally and internationally— an ecosystem of innovation focused on providing new practical opportunities for those interested in designing and implementing paradigm-shifting climate change solutions parks using work-integrated learning approaches.
To achieve the above, I have joined the Board of Governors and the Senate of York University where I focus on achieving a carbon-free university that can provide a world-class destination to enable learning by doing on how to solve the climate change emergency declared by the Canadian Federal Government.
Recognition & Awards
- York University President’s Sustainability Leadership Award
- Canada Housing and Mortgage Corporation Teaching Excellence Award
- Centennial College Alumnus of Distinction
- Gordon Cressy Student Leadership Award
- Mexican Government Ministry of Foreign Relations Scholarship
- University of Toronto Open Fellowship
- Labbatt Award