The answer depends on what kind of help you need. In almost all cases, it will be fastest for you to review the instructions or help features of the service or software you are using and see if they can help.
- Contact University Information Technology (UIT) Service Desk regarding any computing problems at York (for example, problems with computer accounts, email, web hosting and wireless internet access)
- If you have a problem specific to the EUC computing system, you can consult the EUC Help Desk in 256 HNES. The Help Desk is intended to assist with general computer problems such as logging in, printing and email. They can only deal with problems specific to the EUC system, and cannot provide assistance with software use
- If you are unsure of who to contact about your problem, please ask the EUC Help Desk for clarification
If you have not changed your password in over a year you may need to change it now. Follow the instructions below to change your password:
- Start up web browser and go to mms.yorku.ca
- Click on the check box beside “Click this box before logging into to change your Passport York password”. Log in using your current Passport York username and password. Follow the prompts to change password. Note: Password can only be 7 or 8 characters long and may not contain a semi-colon (;) or double quotes (“)
- Wait around 10 minutes before trying to login to an FES computer again
There are several other computer labs on campus. Note that all currently enrolled students can use the computers in the Computing Commons and in the Libraries for free
University Information Technology (UIT) offers free and discounted software to the campus community. Private companies also often give special discounted “educational prices” to members of the University community. For more information, contact Data Integrity, York University’s computing store, at 416-736-5993.