The Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change is committed to providing accessible education, embracing diversity, and empowering all students as changemakers in their own lives and in the lives of others. To this end, we are
- Enhancing learning opportunities and support for all equity deserving groups including Black, Indigenous and People of Color communities;
- Fostering a sense of belonging and common purpose based on shared identity, narrative, practice; and,
- Enhancing awareness and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusiveness, and accessibility in our community.
Black Community Space
NOW Open! Launched on October 5th, 2023
The Black Community Space was developed through the guidance of the EUC Black Caucus, the Equity Space Dialogue and ongoing consultations with the EUC Black community. This space will provide a safe(r) space for Black students, staff, faculty, and alumni to gather, build capacity, and community through small events, networking, and studying.
Room HNES 248 | Weekdays 9am – 4pm via drop-in basis
Black Mentorship Program
The Black Mentorship Program was developed through insightful consultations with the EUC community. We heard the desire for representation, community engagement, and quality mentorship. The program aims to promote diversity in green careers, reducing bias and discrimination, foster a more inclusive school and workplace culture, and support professional growth and development for individuals from Black EUC students.
This pilot program will run from January to April 2024. Mentors and mentees are required to meet at least three times, once a month and will be empowered to create meaningful connections for academic, professional, and personal growth. Matched pairings will be facilitated based on interests and goals.
Participants will receive recognition through EUC social media channels, website, and YFile, and a certificate. Participants will also receive gift cards for completion of the program.
How will the program work?
- 1:1 Meetings
- Monthly Professional Development/Networking Events
- End of Year Celebration
- EUC undergraduate student
- EUC graduate student
- EUC Alumni
- EUC Graduate student
- EUC Staff
- EUC Faculty
- EUC Alumni in the green career field
If you would like to be a mentor or mentee, please sign-up HERE.