Value: up to $5,000
Deadline: April 19, 2024
Description: Pat was a graduate student enrolled in the MES program who passed away in June 2015 after battling leukemia. A beloved member of FES community, Pat is remembered not only as a dedicated, passionate student but a warm and generous spirit. He taught people that love, kindness, and caring can be a power greater than ourselves. Pat was very committed to social justice for Indigenous people in Canada and as such this award will support students working in this area. Eligibility:
- This Award is open to all graduate students in the Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change whose research focuses on, or is related to, aboriginal/indigenous urban studies/planning and who demonstrated financial need.
- Open to current registered graduate students in the Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change.
- Research is focused on or related to aboriginal/indigenous urban studies/planning
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Step 1: Complete the Office of Student and Financial Services' Student Financial Profile (SFP) When you visit the SFP website, please select APPLY NOW to complete your submission.
- Step Two: Prepare a one-page statement on how your research focuses on or is related to aboriginal/indigenous urban studies/planning
- Step Three: Contact a faculty member to be a reference. They must submit this Reference Assessment Form to complete your application. Be sure to inform of them of the name of award you are requesting a reference for and its deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Step Four: Complete the award application by April 19.