Deadline: November 15, 2023 February 15, 2024
Description: This award has been established in memory of Professor Emeritus John A. Livingston, naturalist and internationally renowned writer on natural history and natural philosophy. Professor Livingston was a key player in the development of the Faculty of Environmental Studies and a prominent figure in biological conservation in Canada. Eligibility:
- This award is available to a graduate student in the Master or PhD programs in the Faculty of Environmental & Urban Change whose academic interests reflect Professor Livingston’s passion for ecology and the natural world.
- The candidate must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person, a resident of Ontario and demonstrate financial need. Students must submit a statement (maximum 500 words) outlining their area of academic interest to the natural environment or ecological consciousness.
- Step 1: Complete the Office of Student and Financial Services' Student Financial Profile (SFP) When you visit the SFP website, please select APPLY NOW to complete your submission.
- Step Two: Prepare a statement (maximum 500 words) outlining your area of academic interest in the natural environment or ecological consciousness.
- Step Three: Contact two faculty members to be references for this award. They must submit this Reference Assessment Form to complete your application. Be sure to inform of them of the name of award you are requesting a reference for and its deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Step Four: Complete the application form by November 15 or February 15.