This is award was established through a bequest in memory of the late Mark Nawrot, former student in the Faculty.
Open to full time undergraduate students enrolled in a four year Bachelor in Environmental Studies (BES) program and who are conducting research or presenting at an academic conference. For conference attendance, preference will be given to students who are presenting or co-presenting papers or posters. Preference will also be given to student undertaking Senior Honours Work (ENVS 4011).Criteria:
- Applicants must submit an outline of their field work plans, the conference program or other related documents
- A 200 word statement explaining how this activity will help the applicant pursue their learning goals is required.
- Applicants must submit a one page budget for their research activity
- Applications must include a Reference Assessment Form completed by a professor teaching in the BES program, with whom they have taken a class in the last year
- If doing field work or travelling internationally, the applicant must submit a complete Risk Assessment. Contact us at EUCAwards@yorku.ca for more information on this.
- Step One: Prepare all supporting documents required include your activity outline, 200 word statement on learning goals, one page budget and risk assessment (if requried)
- Step Two: Request a faculty member to be a reference. They must submit this Reference Assessment Form to complete your application. Be sure to inform of them of the name of award you are requesting a reference for and its deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Step Three: Complete the award application by April 30