This award will be granted to a Master of Environmental Studies (MES) student who is active in promoting student life in the Faculty of Environmental & Urban Change through involvement in student government or volunteer activities.
- Eligible candidates must be pursuing a Master in Environmental Studies (MES). Preference will be given to students who do not have a teaching, or research assistantship.
- Be a MES student in the Faculty of Environmental & Urban Change with an approved Plan of Study with a clearly defined focus.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be an Ontario resident.
- Demonstrate financial need on a bursary application.
- Demonstrate a good academic record.
Take note: The value and number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund, and the number of recipients selected.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Complete the Office of Student and Financial Services' Student Financial Profile (SFP) When you visit the SFP website, please select APPLY NOW to complete your submission.
- Step Two: Request one academic reference for a faculty member. They must submit this Reference Assessment Form to complete your application. Be sure to inform of them of the name of award you are requesting a reference for and its deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Step Three: Prepare a 200 word statement outlining their involvement in student government or volunteer activities
- Step Four: Prepare a copy of your approved Plan of Study with a clearly defined focus.
- Step Five: Complete the award application by April 19.