This award is available to enable students to undertake field research for a thesis/major paper/major project in the Las Nubes area of Costa Rica. The award is generally open to students who are registered in the second year of the Master in Environmental Studies Program at York University. This award is adjudicated by the Las Nubes Program Committee.Criteria:
- The award is generally open to students who are registered in the second year of the Master in Environmental Studies Program at York University.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Prepare a research proposal which addresses a major theme of the Las Nubes Research and Conservation Program such as biodiversity measurement; monitoring and protection; protected area management; biological corridors; sustainable agriculture; and rural sustainability. Research must be field-based and interdisciplinary.
- Step Two: Prepare an abstract of your research of Area of Concentration for your MES program.
- Step Three: Contact two faculty members to be a reference. They must submit this Reference Assessment Form to complete your application. Be sure to inform of them of the name of award you are requesting a reference for and its deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please note: One of your references must be your research supervisor.
- Step Four: Complete the award application by November 30