The Scholarship is an individual distinction awarded to graduate students enrolled in the Faculty of Environmental & Urban Change, York University based on excellence in their past work in the Faculty and on the quality of written proposals in an annual competition. The Scholarship is intended to provide encouragement to students who wish to pursue scholarly research or other appropriate activities in the field of environmental studies, and to make possible more extensive research activities by graduate students than would otherwise be feasible.
- This scholarship is open to continuing full time graduate students registered in the Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change at York University.
- Detailed description of the proposed research activity. This should include a brief description of the research activity, description of research design, a time schedule, and a detailed budget (up to $1000). This proposal is not to exceed 10 double spaced pages in length;
Terms and Conditions:
- An individual student will be eligible for only one EUC Graduate Research Scholarship during their course of study.
- The committee may decide to split the award, or it may decide not to award the scholarship in any given year.
- Recipients are required to submit a report to the Research and Awards Committee outlining their research activities within one year of the announcement of the award. Such students may be requested to give a seminar at the Faculty based on the research undertaken with the support of the scholarship.
How to Apply:
- Step One: Prepare a statement indicating your wish to be considered for the scholarship. The statement should include any other awards, assistantships or scholarships that you currently hold.
- Step Two: Prepare a detailed description of your proposed research activity. This should include a brief description of the research activity, description of research design, a time schedule, and a detailed budget (up to $1000). This proposal is not to exceed 10 double spaced pages in length.
- Step Three: Prepare a current Curriculum Vitae.
- Step Four: Prepare a student history of your time in your program including terms of study and courses taken. NB: MES students can obtain their student history from the Graduate Dossier system.
- Step Five: Contact two faculty members to be your references. They must submit this Reference Assessment Form to complete your application. Be sure to inform of them of the name of award you are requesting a reference for and its deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Step Six: Complete the application form by February 15.
Additional Information:Take note: The value and number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund, and the number of recipients selected.