The EUC Graduate Award in Energy Studies is an annual award to support a graduate student in the Faculty of Environmental & Urban Change with an approved Plan of Study for MES students, or an approved research proposal for Geography Master’s students that demonstrates a focus on Energy Studies.
- This award is open to all master’s graduate students enrolled in the Faculty of Environmental & Urban Change at York University. The award is intended for master’s students with an approved plan of Study for MES students, or an approved research proposal for Geography students that a demonstrates a focus on Energy studies. Student must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and an Ontario resident, demonstrates a good academic record and financial need.
- Be a master’s student in the Faculty of Environmental & Urban Change with an approved plan of Study for MES students, or an approved research proposal for Geography students that a demonstrates a focus on Energy studies.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be an Ontario resident.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Students wishing to be considered for the award will be required to submit a 200 word statement outlining their interests in energy studies, an approved Plan of Study with a clearly defined focus on energy, a draft or final approved research proposal and one academic reference to complete the reference assessment form from a teaching faculty member familiar with the student’s energy interests and her/his Plan of Study.
- Step 1: Complete the Office of Student and Financial Services' Student Financial Profile (SFP) When you visit the SFP website, please select APPLY NOW to complete your submission.
- Step Two: Prepare a 200 word statement outlining your interests in energy study
- Step Three: Prepare a copy of your Approved Plan of Study (MES) or Research Proposal (Geography) with a clearly defined focus on energy
- Step Four: Step Three: Contact a faculty member to be your reference. They must submit this Reference Assessment Form to complete your application. Be sure to inform of them of the name of award you are requesting a reference for and its deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Step Five: Complete the award application by February 15.