The dian marino Award was established in memory of dian, a visual artist, activist, educator and storyteller extraordinaire, who taught in the Faculty of Environmental Studies. She lived courageously with cancer and died in 1993. This fund supports students who creatively use multi-media tools of inquiry and modes of communication to critically explore environmental issues. This award gives preference to students who are committed to environmental and social justice.
This award is available to all undergraduate students in the Faculty of Environmental & Urban Change and to Masters (MES) students in Environmental Studies, who critically disrupt and playfully reframe the traditional boundaries of environmental teaching and learning. Given that dian was passionately committed to equity and diversity, the Faculty strongly encourages students from diverse backgrounds to apply.Criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be an Ontario resident.
- Have a good academic record.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- This award is open to all EUC students (Bachelor, Master and PhD)
- Step 1: Complete the Office of Student and Financial Services' Student Financial Profile (SFP) When you visit the SFP website, please select APPLY NOW to complete your submission.
- Step 2: Prepare a detailed budget outlining how the award money will be used.
- Step 3: Prepare a brief description of the project and the form/medium of the project the award will fund and describe how the project reflects the purpose of this award.
- Step 4: Request a faculty member to be a reference. They must submit this Reference Assessment Form to complete your application. Be sure to inform of them of the name of award you are requesting a reference for and its deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Step 5: Complete the award application by February 15.